Friday, March 26, 2010

never meant to fly

Runway - 131 words
Ben Azevedo

I've checked and checked again
But I'm still hours from the end
I need to find a way to spend
These empty waiting moments

With strangers turning friends
The minutes start to blend
And I'm trying to pretend
We're almost there

Stand at the other end of the runway
Watch the horizon dissolve to gray
We'll be tearing ourselves free of the sky
Because we were never meant to fly

The engines make me dread
A sky that's turning red
I close my eyes instead
We're flying high and fast

With stars above and clouds below
The sky a runway for my soul
My soul can fly without much fear
But I would rather it stay here

Stand at the other end of the runway
Watch the horizon dissolve to gray

Don't Panic - Coldplay

No comments:

Post a Comment