Friday, June 11, 2010

With Eyes Unclouded

Brave - 142 Words
Ben Azevedo

In the darkness before I fall asleep, I can see the future. It’s not like clairvoyance or anything, and I can’t predict anything, at least not anything useful. It’s more like staring down a long street in the summertime. At first all the lines are crisp and clean, the sky is blue and the clouds are white. But as the sky meets the street in the infinite distance, all the colors blur, and you think you can see someone standing there in the waves of heat coming off the pavement. I think we can all see the future. I can tell you, with reasonable accuracy, what I will be doing a week from now. Even a month. Further than that, and it starts to become the hazy heat mirage. But I can deal with the future. The trick is to be brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment